Veterans Memorial Cemetery
The Salem County Veterans Memorial Cemetery has been established as a shrine to our Veterans and must be maintained, as well as any other National Cemetery.
Therefore, the following rules MUST be adhered to:
- All gravestones must be made of flat bronze 12 inches high by 24 inches wide.
- All gravestones must be placed flat to the ground.
- American Flags are supplied by the Freeholder Board and will be displayed on Memorial Day and Veterans Day only, and will be taken down immediately after the holiday.
- No other flags are permitted to be flown.
- No planting of flowers or plants will be permitted.
- Flowers and artificial plants will be allowed; however, between mid April and mid November these will be removed every week, normally on a Wednesday, to allow for the grass to be mowed.
- No decorations around the bronze plaques! “Decorations WILL BE REMOVED.” Example: Special Stones, etc.
Salem County Veterans Cemetery
719 Route 45; Pilesgrove, NJ 08098